Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Presidential campaigns vs. potato chips

From Yahoo! News:

The Center for Responsive Politics calculates that, by Election Day, $2.4 billion will have been spent on presidential campaigns in the two-year election cycle that began in January 2007, and an additional $2.9 billion will have been spent on 435 House and 35 Senate contests. This $5.3 billion is a billion less than Americans will spend this year on potato chips.

*Another interesting fact: the potato chip was invented in Saratoga Springs in 1853 by an African American/Native American man named George Crum.

5 comments:

Trininuyawka said...

Mmmmmm...potato chips. I think we'll bust open our bag of Kettle Cooked Mesquite BBQ Lays potato chips tonight and watch the voting returns come in. =o)

Saratoga DuChaussees said...

Kettle-cooked are the best!

JayJay said...

Impossible.

I invented the potato chip in 1988. I also invented the Nike Swoosh in 1985 and the "spork" in 1979.

Trininuyawka said...

See Jay, now you sound like McCain. Just saying stuff in hopes that nobody would research and just assume it's true.

I for one know that I preferred potato chips to a candy bar at the early age of 5....when I took lunch to school. That means the potato ship was invented before 1979.

Trininuyawka said...

Whoops....I meant potato chip, not ship.

Internet Coupons
Internet Coupons