Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rezzy's first day of school

What a day it was. The weather was beautiful. Karen and I took the day off to send Rezzy to school. He was nervous the night before and had a hard time sleeping. It was a mixture of fear and excitement. This is what everyone was talking about....SCHOOL!! It's where the big kids go!!

I think WE - the adults - were experiencing more of the fear and excitement than we thought we were. We understood that we might have had to stay with him until he was comfortable and we told him that. When it was time to go in, he looked up at me and said "Are you coming with me?" Before I could answer, the teacher said "No, they have to go...." He put on a brave face and marched in while holding his new teacher's hand tightly.

I couldn't help but a cry a bit. It seems like yesterday he was born.......

5 comments:

Saratoga DuChaussees said...

Rezzy has a great smile! I can't believe he is so big. Hopefully we will see him (and all of you) soon!

Trininuyawka said...

Wow, kintergarden already? Soon it will be soccer and after school activities and all that good stuff. Is Karen ready to be a "Hockey-Mom"? ;o)

Hey, nice job on the slideshow. What software did you use? Pictures have so much more meaning, emotion and impact when they are put to music.

JayJay said...

I used microsoft movie maker. I am mad that I could not fade out the music gradually. It offers a fade but you can't control the length of the fade. And to make that even worse, the short fade did not translate on to this blog. It was kind of abrupt....

Trininuyawka said...

Google "ProShow". It's a slideshow software by Photodex. A co-worker of mine (with a daughter one year older than Bella) was also using Movie Maker and he wasn't happy either. I did some research and we both went "halves-ies" on ProShow Gold, the middle of their 3 packages. That's what I've been using for all my slideshows. It can do what you described plus a gazillion other things. It's really great at movement, zooming, layers and even transparencies too.

Anonymous said...

I have only now been able to see the the pics of Rezzie's first day of school, set to music. Needless to say that I too could not help shedding a tear or two. My grandson is already growing up. I certainly will miss the times we spent together every week.

Internet Coupons
Internet Coupons